Help for Survivors
Thankfully, there are many resources designed specifically for those who have suffered a loss due to suicide. Below are a few to get you started. The following resources listed below can be used for yourself or can be shared with other survivors who are seeking assistance.
- Grief After Suicide – This flyer provides coping strategies for people who have been touched by suicide.
- Responding to Suicide Survivors – This flyer discusses appropriate and inappropriate ways to comfort suicide survivors.
- Suicide Common Misconceptions – This flyer discusses common misconceptions regarding suicide, as well as facts and statistics about suicide that aid in creating awareness about suicide and suicidal ideation.
- Suicide: Frequently Asked Question – This flyer discusses common questions about depression and suicide.
- A comprehensive booklet on suicide grief: “Suicide: Coping with the Loss of a Friend or Loved One”
- A wallet card for survivors of suicide loss: “After a Suicide: Coping with Your Grief”
- Suicide Survivors: A Guide For Those Left Behind, a book for survivors by Adina Wrobleski, one of SAVE’s founders
- Coping With Loss Book list
- Find a Support Group
- Honor a loved one. Learn more about our Named Memorial Fund
- Join SAVE for our Annual Suicide Awareness Memorial
- Almost two dozen SAVE events annually, through which survivors play a key role in supporting SAVE’s mission as they continue on their own healing journey.