September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. Throughout the entire month, SAVE is focusing on delivering powerful messages of Hope and Resilience on our various social media platforms, along with other awareness events and activities. One of those events will take place on Tuesday, September 12th from 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m. in the courtyard at the Wells Fargo Building (7900 Xerxes Avenue, Bloomington, MN 55431), and we hope you will join us. The event, “SAVE Hope and Suicide Awareness Memorial”, provides an opportunity to honor the names of those who have died by suicide, are suicide loss survivors, and/or those who have been impacted by mental illness. This brief, but powerful, memorial event is a partnership with SAVE and Wells Fargo Plaza Building Management, and we are grateful for their support in planning and contributing to the event’s success.
The current program schedule is as follows:
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:05 p.m. – Welcome by SAVE Executive Director Erich Mische
- 12:05 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Recognizing the importance of Suicide Prevention Awareness Month by SAVE Director of Programs Jen Owens and Associate Director of Programs Elise White
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Guests invited to come to podium and speak the name of those who have died by suicide and/or suicide loss survivors and place a heart with their names on the named Memorial.
- 12:30 p.m. 12:31 p.m. – Guests are asked to light their SAVE Memorial candle and a poem to be read by Joi Thomas- member of SAVE Board of Directors
- 12:31 p.m. -12:32 p.m. – Moment of Remembrance
- 12:32 p.m. – 12:35 p.m. – Closing remarks by SAVE Executive Director Erich Mische
- 12:35 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Resource Table and social gathering
This event takes place during Suicide Prevention Awareness Week, and it is a privilege and honor for us to coordinate this gathering. We hope your schedule will permit you to join us for this event, and for light snacks and refreshments, as the program concludes.