Social connectedness has many health benefits:
- Source of support
- Reduces stress
- Fights loneliness and depression
- Enhances brain stimulation
Spend Time With The Ones You Have
You may have a busy schedule, but try to not bail on social engagements with the people you already have in your life.
Join Group Activities
Get involved in hobbies or activities that interest you. Joining social activities is a great way to meet like-minded people. Volunteering is another great option to meet others who care about similar causes.
Pets Count, Too!
Pets also provide loving companionship and have a positive effect on our health.
Pets: 8 ways they help us
- Reduces stress and anxiety, calming effect
- Positive energy – reduce negativity
- Improve self-esteem
- Gives us purpose
- Reduces isolation
- Physically: reduce blood pressure, increase our exercise, breathing
- Therapeutic effects: PTSD, Anxiety Disorders, Autism