Tell us about how you have been able to cope with the loss of a loved one or ways in which you have been able to proceed through the grieving process. We also welcome stories about how you or someone you know was able to prevent suicide by identifying the problem and getting help.
To improve your chances of having your story posted, please follow the submission guidelines closely. Only stories with a positive and hopeful message or outcome will be posted. We in no way guarantee that by submitting your story, it will be posted. Thank you.
By submitting your story to SAVE, you agree to the Submission Guidelines outlined below.
- Follow suicide messaging safety guidelines:
- Avoid showing or describing suicide methods or locations. We will not share your story if you include this!
- Do not include overly personal details of your loved one or yourself.
- Do not glorify or romanticize suicide. Suicide is not honorable or heroic.
- Do not try to explain suicide as the result of one cause or as inexplicable. Provide any clues or warning signs you observed. Provide context to the story and if mental illness was present.
- Do not include a link in your submission to your story. Please type your submission in the space provided or upload your story in a PDF document.
- Do not include links in your story to products for purchase. This page is not meant for promotion of books, films, or other suicide prevention resources that are for purchase. If you’d like to share these resources with SAVE, you can contact us.
- Make sure enough time has passed and that you are mentally and emotionally ready to share your story.
- Share positive outcomes to educate or inspire hope. Stories of hope means someone has recovered, sought help, or have begun to heal after a loss. Think of the best way to get your message of hope across.
- Share any resources you used and provide those details where possible.